live report by Jessica Chandler
Doug Chan trailing behind Ed Jew, Ron Dudum, and Jaynry Mak in District 4's tight race seems relaxed and happy tonight. Supporters packing Dragon Lounge, a local bar at 24th and Taraval, are leaving early, feeling that with rank voting the results are still fully unknown.
Tom Hsaeh, Chan's campaign manager, says, "It's early reporting, no one's going to know for sure until Friday. It looks like Ed Jew. Voters are giving him the nod. I've got to say he's the dark horse of the race."
In high spirits, the former police commissioner reveals only that he is happy to see so many supporters. "I'm very appreciative of all the support. We ran a great campaign. We had a great run."
Most Commented On
- Remember, I'm agreeing with you - August 1, 2014
- SF progressives labor under paradoxes - August 1, 2014
- In the future we should build density on transit hubs. - August 1, 2014
- The reason is simply. Unless SF progressives can find a villain - August 1, 2014
- What do you have against white male centrists, - August 1, 2014
- Just because you happen to - August 1, 2014
- If only Airbnb would take out - August 1, 2014
- to the American Jew - August 1, 2014
- What's with this endless - August 1, 2014
- I would have preferred CS thru to the waterfront - August 1, 2014