Live report from Tim Redmond
I just spoke by cell phone to a Daly campaign staffer. The campaign has been monitoring the returns at the precinct level, checking the tags as they're printed out of the machines before they go to City Hall. According to those reports, Daly is 950 votes ahead in the 27 precincts they've counted. That's very good news.
The big news on the School Board is that Jane Kim is now in first place, followed by Hydra Mendoza and Dan Kelly. Kim is almost guaranteed victory. It's possible that Kelly won't make the final cut, and three new members will join the board.
Most Commented On
- If you are arguing for tort reform, you have my support. - March 10, 2014
- In that sense, you supported George Bush and the Iraq war. - March 10, 2014
- If cabbies had provided a better service and cared - March 10, 2014
- Lawsuits should not be required - March 10, 2014
- You did get to vote on it - March 10, 2014
- Suing is a national pastime in the US - March 10, 2014
- Laws only protect specific groups who have lobbyists and - March 10, 2014
- The system is not working - March 10, 2014
- These are not "confiscatory laws" - March 10, 2014
- The downside of civil rights and political correctness is that - March 10, 2014