The Chris Daly campaign just issued the following statement:
Almost 20 percent of the polling places in San Francisco’s District 6 are experiencing problems and irregularities in the early hours of Election Day, according to Supervisor Chris Daly’s campaign.
According to the Daly campaign, at least 10 out of 52 precincts have experienced problems ranging from late openings to voting machine failures to incomplete ballots. In one case, a precinct did not open until almost 90 minutes after the official 7 AM opening time, preventing many voters from casting their ballots. At the same time, the Department of Elections was telling the Daly campaign that the precinct was open. In another instance, witnesses saw a voting machine that was not turned on.
The Daly campaign encourages all media outlets to remind voters that the polls are open until 8 p.m. The campaign encourages all voters within District 6 to vote throughout the day.
Most Commented On
- Women in tech - July 24, 2014
- Doing the work of the Koch brothers - July 24, 2014
- the SFBG is way too hypocritical to answer - July 24, 2014
- Kudos - July 24, 2014
- Well I bet the trolls are all bitter blacks - July 24, 2014
- There is no "subsidy." Stop spewing nonsense - July 24, 2014
- 50 bucks says - July 24, 2014
- SFBG has always been a white newspaper. - July 24, 2014
- Homeless People Infesting the Main Library - July 24, 2014
- So what are "progressives" doing to fix public education? - July 24, 2014