Live report by Jon Beckhardt
Nothing but optimism all night among the diverse crowd gathered at Tennessee Grill to witness Ron Dudum's potential win for Supe in District 4 – which has now only been heightened with news that he’s 6 points ahead. "Seems good, Feels good” says Tuan Nguyen, Field Director for Dudum's campaign.
Even when Ed Jew was ahead, no one was fazed. "We're going to leave him in the dust “ says Diane Wayne, a longtime supporter of Dudum. “If Ed Jew wins, it’ll be a disappointment for the Sunset” says Amanda Rybarczky, another supporte.
The only person showing restraint is Ron Dudum “IRV is the biggest thing out there, and until that says we win, no one knows shit.” (He acknowledged that Guardian readers would love that quote.) Tuan says, “Our strategy was to stay below the radar. We weren’t going to be the candidate backed by big labor, big organizations – we were going to be the candidate backed by the neighborhood.”
If the race isn't called until Friday, Tuan says “that’s posturing by the board of elections.”
Most Commented On
- Hortenica, you're making the same logic error that Tim does. - May 21, 2013
- You missed the point - liberals are very bit as hypocritical. - May 21, 2013
- Even George H.W. Bush... - May 21, 2013
- Greed- pure and simple. - May 21, 2013
- The problem here of course is ObamaCare, which will put - May 21, 2013
- So? - May 21, 2013
- So you have to wait because the workers are not on strike? - May 21, 2013
- No. - May 21, 2013
- Anyone who is tired of - May 21, 2013
- I'd like to see that 10% go away and UC be self-funding. - May 21, 2013