Live report by Jon Beckhardt
Nothing but optimism all night among the diverse crowd gathered at Tennessee Grill to witness Ron Dudum's potential win for Supe in District 4 – which has now only been heightened with news that he’s 6 points ahead. "Seems good, Feels good” says Tuan Nguyen, Field Director for Dudum's campaign.
Even when Ed Jew was ahead, no one was fazed. "We're going to leave him in the dust “ says Diane Wayne, a longtime supporter of Dudum. “If Ed Jew wins, it’ll be a disappointment for the Sunset” says Amanda Rybarczky, another supporte.
The only person showing restraint is Ron Dudum “IRV is the biggest thing out there, and until that says we win, no one knows shit.” (He acknowledged that Guardian readers would love that quote.) Tuan says, “Our strategy was to stay below the radar. We weren’t going to be the candidate backed by big labor, big organizations – we were going to be the candidate backed by the neighborhood.”
If the race isn't called until Friday, Tuan says “that’s posturing by the board of elections.”
Most Commented On
- ObamaCare solves that problem, Hortencia - March 14, 2014
- Alix Rosenthal wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit her on the - March 14, 2014
- Rights are Meaningless without ENFORCEMENT - March 14, 2014
- Well, those self-selected people seem to have a lot of support - March 14, 2014
- Your Twitter rebate is in the form of an absence of the higher - March 14, 2014
- But you don't want to pay the - March 14, 2014
- I'd prefer Uber send a check to me - free cash money - March 14, 2014
- I prefer having a choice - March 14, 2014
- Yes, everywhere should be squalid just so that you can feel - March 14, 2014
- Your mistake was not buying in the Fontana Towers. - March 14, 2014