Three years 364 days and counting
By Sarah Phelan
Alix Rosenthal’s election night party at the 500 Club was feisty, even if She Who Would Usurp Dufty In District 8 didn’t win. This time around.
The fun started when Rosenthal arrived, to chants of “Al-Ix! Al-Ix!”. Then someone shouted, “Alix for Governor!” and the crowd went wild.
“We’ve got three years and 364 days to go,” said Rosenthal, radiant in a pretty pink suit.
“We started late in this race against an incumbent who had the support of the entire establishment. We did amazingly well. And I’m sticking around. It’s in my blood. I’ll be running again in four years, so I’ll be watching Bevan Dufty and all his moves.”
And we’ll be watching to see if Board of Supes Chair Aaron Peskin makes good on his promise to take Rosenthal to the best restaurant in the city, if she won 35 percent of the vote, even though she clocked in at 30.57 percent. This time around.
Most Commented On
- As someone who works for the poor - May 23, 2013
- It's not a myth, there's a - May 23, 2013
- Speaking of precious - May 23, 2013
- Renters subsidize homeowners - May 23, 2013
- If selfish people didn't want more - May 23, 2013
- Real estate owning - May 23, 2013
- Here is an example of Mr. - May 23, 2013
- Seven or Three - May 23, 2013
- Angel's a truth-sayer - May 23, 2013
- The Angel strategy is working - May 23, 2013