By Sarah Phelan
The SF PUC opened its Nov. 14 Sewer System Master Plan update with a cautionary tale: a sewage spill at Ocean Beach occurred when a manhole cover blew out, affecting about 150 ft of the beach from beneath the Cliff House going west--and further proving the need, according to PUC officials, for major upgrades to the city's sewer system.
The good news: PUC officials claim the thousands of gallons of shit that spewed across the Great Highway onto the beach during heavy downpours of rain never reached the ocean. All of which means that surfers can continue to hang ten with their eyes and mouths wide open.
Most Commented On
- Where's my car? - July 25, 2014
- mpByUqnaqJji - July 25, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- ZjFEnIWzdDRHkwl - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014
- The US government is morally bankrupt - July 25, 2014