By Tim Redmond
I'm so happy that the New York Post is finally printing in San Francisco. There's just nothing like it in this country. The front page of the Dec. 7th issue, containing a report on the Iraq Study Group, has pictures of the faces of Baker and Hamiliton pasted onto monkeys' faces with the headline:
"Surrender Monkeys: Iraq panel urges U.S. to give up"
There really nothing in the story inside to justify that headline (although I wish there was; giving up at this point doesn't seem like such a terrible option, compared to all the others) but the Post doesn't care. It's a great cover, making a political point.
Now why can't the supposedly "liberal" dailies act like this?
Most Commented On
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014
- No, government surveillance wrong, period. - March 9, 2014
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014
- That Is Sociopath Guest Steven - March 8, 2014
- Go Read Your History Book - March 8, 2014
- Have you ever considered - March 8, 2014
- Making real-time surveillance - March 8, 2014