By Tim Redmond
The news that I knew was coming is now apparently official: according toFog City Journal, Assemblymember Mark Leno announced at the Harvey Milk Club holiday party that he will, indeed, challenge state Senator Carole Migden in 2008.
It's going to be a wild ride.
Already, the shit is flying: Migden, Luke Thomas reports, said that Leno is "a little nuttly, and he's out of a job. What else is he going to do?"
But whatever you say about Mark Leno, he isn't "nutty." And he's not afraid to go on the attack. When Leno ran for Assembly against former Sup. Harry Britt, the campaign hired a researcher to run down every missed vote in Britt's career, and put up signs saying "where was Harry?"
Migden endorsed Britt. So did we.
But this time, the race won't come down to a typical left v. center contest, the way Britt-Leno was was back then. Leno has moved quite a bit to the left, and will fight Migden agressively for every endorsement.
But before it becomes a mud fest, I want to hear both of the candidates tell me: Where do they disagree on real issues?
I hope that's not too much to ask.
Most Commented On
- The cost overruns are not - August 1, 2014
- Sad to say, Petrelis would be - August 1, 2014
- The money to build it comes from the feds - August 1, 2014
- XkoKnToehiZ - August 1, 2014
- eorCozAvkypQNPCZJb - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Sorry, this is not the Ed Lee I voted for. - August 1, 2014
- An alternate decent show - August 1, 2014
- I think he is - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014