By Tim Redmond
UPDATE: Mark Leno has written a letter to Fog City Journal saying that his run against Carole Migden isn't really official yet.
So I just called Leno to check it, and he says he won't make a final final decision until mid-January. But "I'm looking at it very seriously," he said, and added: "I'm getting a lot of encouragement from local labor leaders."
I told him that, from everything I'm hearing, it's seems pretty clear to me that he's in the race. "It's certainly looking that way," he responded.
So there you have it. That's about as close to an unofficial official announcement as you get.
Most Commented On
- "Progressive" is a meaningless term anyway - July 30, 2014
- SLcSEATWCAHz - July 30, 2014
- Nonsense, all SF politicians are liberals - July 30, 2014
- I see no evidence of a documented link there - July 30, 2014
- "Next election"? - July 30, 2014
- not true! - July 30, 2014
- These are not "progressives"! - July 30, 2014
- mCnoyFquJjlEzuH - July 30, 2014
- "progressive"? - July 30, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 30, 2014