Sarah Olson, an Oakland freelancer who writes for Truthout, and Dahr Jamail, who has done some amazing reporting from Iraq, both received subpoenas from Army prosecutors, who want them to testify against 1st Lt. Ehren Watadam who is charged with refusing to accept orders that he deploy in Iraq. He has been quoted as saying that he thinks the war is illegal, and prosecutors want the reporters to confirm their interviews with him.
This is getting out of control. Incoming Speaker Nancy Pelosi need to speak out in public about this. So does the rest of the Bay Area Congressional delegation.
I called Pelosi's office yesterday, and asked if she had made any comment or taken a position on the Josh WOlf case. A staffer promised to get back to me, but never did.
If you want to call Pelosi on this, her district office is at 556-4862.
Most Commented On
- AirBnb bring in a crazy - March 12, 2014
- FREE GAME CODES - March 12, 2014
- I think it is something like that - March 12, 2014
- The goal of eliminating ALL pedestrian deaths - March 12, 2014
- What I think this is... - March 12, 2014
- That's the point. Steven has - March 12, 2014
- I hate to tell you there's - March 12, 2014
- The fire started during the working day and so that alone makes - March 12, 2014
- Wait, please help, this one is too incoherent for me - March 12, 2014
- Depends if the projects gets rebuilt. - March 12, 2014