By Tim Redmond
Three interesting items today that reflect on the state of the SFPD:
David Hill is convicted of second-degree murder in the killing of Officer Isaac Espinoza. That means he'll get life without parole -- but not the death penalty. From the start of this case, D.A. Kamala Harris refused to push for death, in part because she doesn't support the death penalty but also because she insisted that it was very unlikely a jury would return a verdict of first-degree murder here. The cops went batshit on her. Guess what? She was right.
The feds put a 60-year-old woman in prison for cutlivating medical marijuana -- with the help, Fog City Journal charges, of of a San Francisco cop. Yet another example of the SF cops working with the feds to contravene local law.
The Chron finally reports on the resignation of OCC director Kevin Allen but missed the larger point: The Police Officers Association apparently cheered Allen's resignation, which was based in part on health issues. When will the chief tell her troops to stop acting like thugs?
Most Commented On
- You pay now! - December 12, 2013
- homeless scum - December 12, 2013
- Wrong, Marcos, when white male tech workers like you buy up - December 12, 2013
- You speak of gay men like you - December 12, 2013
- Since when are CEOs and - December 12, 2013
- As they see fit - December 12, 2013
- what exactly do you mean by - December 12, 2013
- There are probably more - December 12, 2013
- What is offensive is the suggestion - December 12, 2013
- Xmas is coming - December 12, 2013