By Tim Redmond
Three interesting items today that reflect on the state of the SFPD:
David Hill is convicted of second-degree murder in the killing of Officer Isaac Espinoza. That means he'll get life without parole -- but not the death penalty. From the start of this case, D.A. Kamala Harris refused to push for death, in part because she doesn't support the death penalty but also because she insisted that it was very unlikely a jury would return a verdict of first-degree murder here. The cops went batshit on her. Guess what? She was right.
The feds put a 60-year-old woman in prison for cutlivating medical marijuana -- with the help, Fog City Journal charges, of of a San Francisco cop. Yet another example of the SF cops working with the feds to contravene local law.
The Chron finally reports on the resignation of OCC director Kevin Allen but missed the larger point: The Police Officers Association apparently cheered Allen's resignation, which was based in part on health issues. When will the chief tell her troops to stop acting like thugs?
Most Commented On
- So Google glasses are BAD and - April 16, 2014
- Exactly. It must have a - April 16, 2014
- The Best Spell caster... Thanks to Prophet Ibu - April 16, 2014
- EsqGxhaSFO - April 16, 2014
- uSDPPdssFIKHP - April 16, 2014
- Stop puffing the ganja and - April 15, 2014
- Subsidized bus riders - April 15, 2014
- The name is Benito - April 15, 2014
- how i got my soulmate back - April 15, 2014
- I HATE DAVID CAMPOS!!!!!!!!!! - April 15, 2014