By Tim Redmond
Does Newsom's press secretary, Peter Ragone, really think it's helpful to launch personal insults at members of the Board of Supervisors? Or has this whole Yalie thing gotten so out of hand that he's lost his mind?
Check this out from the LA Times:
Some supervisors have suggested that Newsom should spend more time trying to lower the city's high unsolved-murder rate than talking about a high-profile assault case.
"His outrage needs to be re-proportioned toward the most severe crimes and less to those that affect his own political image outside San Francisco," said Supervisor Ross Mirkirimi, who represents a high-crime district.
Responded Ragone: "Ross Mirkirimi can't walk and chew gum at the same time. What he doesn't understand is that the mayor of a major American city has to be able to focus on more than one thing at once."
Most Commented On
- "one place where commenting - June 19, 2013
- Esther Rabinowitz - June 19, 2013
- It is not that the Guardian - June 19, 2013
- One and the same broad??? - June 19, 2013
- 'Anon'and 'Jucretia' are cowards, - June 19, 2013
- I appreciate your articulation, marcos - June 19, 2013
- Speaking of a site with good comments ... - June 19, 2013
- Frightening or enlightening? - June 19, 2013
- Guest and anon, everybody's fave ruse - June 19, 2013
- And we're off to the - June 19, 2013