By G.W. Schulz
Looks like former Contra Costa Times editor Chris Lopez has at least found some part-time work blogging for NewAssignment.net. His most recent entries highlight technological innovations at some of the nation's big dailies, including a video obituary of Art Buchwald that appeared on the New York Times Web site.
An early January post notes that the McClatchy chain of newspapers, which owns the Sacramento Bee, has purchased the "Famous" blogs, including FresnoFamous.com and ModestoFamous.com.
The tough CoCo Times editor was unexpectedly let go from the paper in October after Denver-based MediaNews and William Dean Singleton bought the scrappy daily along with a group of other Bay Area papers. Lopez helped Singleton win a Pulitzer while working at Singleton's flagship Denver Post.
Most Commented On
- I never said I "studied" it (whatever that means) - July 23, 2014
- Justice is a highly subjective notion - July 23, 2014
- Ibeacons - July 23, 2014
- Sounds like a super duper - July 23, 2014
- Please articulate Hamas's - July 23, 2014
- Emma buys the "you can't be racist about whites" line - July 23, 2014
- Again as a journalist when you make a claim you must - July 23, 2014
- He's right though. When you have a mix of commercial and - July 23, 2014
- There are a whole gaggle of people like that only in SF, who - July 23, 2014
- So you don't care about the neighbors who now have - July 23, 2014