By Tim Redmond
I don't care about the mayor's sex life. Frankly, I'd rather not think about it. If he had an affair with a good friend's wife, that's between them. Makes him look like a jerk, but whatever.
There is, however, a more serious issue here, which is that Ruby Tourk was Newsom's employee. An at-will employee who could be fired at any time, at the mayor's call. That's why the city may well get sued here, and why this is really kind of a problem.
It really was, to quote the mayor, a lapse in judgment for the chief executive of a major city. Big time.
Most Commented On
- I wrote the comment at 7:09pm - December 21, 2013
- Posting 40 year old skits to make a point - December 21, 2013
- No, I want for Google, - December 21, 2013
- SFBG hard on for faux Google protests lasting longer than 4hours - December 21, 2013
- "But I can't find a phone - December 21, 2013
- I agree that the tech - December 21, 2013
- It was painted on, i.e. a - December 21, 2013
- What You Are Describing Richmondman Is Simply Not The Reality - December 21, 2013
- This music sux - December 21, 2013
- He does like to talk doesn't - December 21, 2013