By Steven T. Jones
Since breaking the Newsom affair story, the Chronicle has done little to further their story, content to fill the papers with boring reaction pieces. And now, they are apparently back to Newsom cheerleading with the front page story "Newsom's reelection prospects look good," in which they interview only Newsom backers to reach their entirely unsupported conclusion. And yes, this piece of garbage was the work of the paper's most misleading political hack, Carla Marinucci (who hasn't yet answered by e-mail with questions about the story).
Meanwhile, buried in the Chron but played a bit more prominently in the Examiner is the real news of the day: Newsom will pay Alex Tourk his promised salary of $15,000 per month out of his own pocket. That's because of the questions about the legality of using regulated campaign money for such payoffs.
Question: If the guy who betrayed you and fucked your wife had to pay your salary until you found a new job, how much of a hurry would you be in to find one? Alex, you've been through a lot, it might be time for an extended vacation.
Most Commented On
- You're right - he doesn't. - July 31, 2014
- SFGH does good work - July 31, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 31, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 31, 2014
- Yes, this does rather wreak of overly-precious race pandering. - July 31, 2014
- They are separate but not equal - July 31, 2014
- Extrication - July 31, 2014
- Rising tide of plutocracy - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- uPnqTInXnBgRqbVF - July 31, 2014