By Steven T. Jones
We warned last summer that fun in San Francisco was being threatened by NIMBYs and overzealous bureaucrats. Well, now we've just seen the sourpusses strike down one of the best street fairs in San Francisco: the How Weird Street Faire, an open air dance party that drew about 8,000 attendees last year.
Based on complaints from 10 residents (who appear to have been whipped up by one particularly vocal opponent of the fair), the city's Interdepartmental Staff Committee on Traffic and Transportation yesterday denied How Weird organizers their permits, effectively killing an event planned for May 6. Read next week's Guardian for the details, as well as ways to make public your concerns about maintaining our vibrant urban culture.
Most Commented On
- Yes, and their comments are - December 18, 2013
- story of the year - December 18, 2013
- Wholesale Leggings China - December 18, 2013
- One of the major negative - December 18, 2013
- Where did he say that "all - December 18, 2013
- You have this intense - December 18, 2013
- Please - that's "hit the - December 18, 2013
- Wholesale Leggings - December 17, 2013
- Wholesale Jeggings China - December 17, 2013
- What is with the recent BOS official pictures? - December 17, 2013