By Tim Redmond
I've never been a big fan of legislative term limits. Sending legislators packing after a few years shifts to much power to the lobbyists and the executive branch. So I'm glad to see that labor is pushing to modify San Francisco's term-limits law. Bevan Dufty, who says he is only going to serve two terms anyway, is taking the political heat and leading the charge on this; good for him.
Who do you suppose is leading the campaign to keep the current two-term limits? It's Wade Randlett and the folks at SFSOS! No surprise: They desperately want to get rid of sups. Aaron Peskin, Chris Daly and Jake McGoldrick, and since they can't seem to do it the old-fashioned way, by winning elections, they want to make sure the progressives are termed out.
That puts them right up there with the Republicans in Sacramento.
Most Commented On
- FLkyXhOlYKUEYFqR - April 18, 2014
- MaTyjnUVgg - April 18, 2014
- OcyjxZQpLjtVfDgtVQa - April 18, 2014
- ZHXpfhPVpo - April 18, 2014
- NwANHRyAHtphIaBTNZKi - April 18, 2014
- Wrong, Steven, the "Guest" made no cogent arguments. - April 18, 2014
- I like the band - April 18, 2014
- Steven, the percentage of scientists who support global warming - April 18, 2014
- TOAkcLPchHMnOYM - April 18, 2014
- In other words... - April 18, 2014