By Tim Redmond
I've never been a big fan of legislative term limits. Sending legislators packing after a few years shifts to much power to the lobbyists and the executive branch. So I'm glad to see that labor is pushing to modify San Francisco's term-limits law. Bevan Dufty, who says he is only going to serve two terms anyway, is taking the political heat and leading the charge on this; good for him.
Who do you suppose is leading the campaign to keep the current two-term limits? It's Wade Randlett and the folks at SFSOS! No surprise: They desperately want to get rid of sups. Aaron Peskin, Chris Daly and Jake McGoldrick, and since they can't seem to do it the old-fashioned way, by winning elections, they want to make sure the progressives are termed out.
That puts them right up there with the Republicans in Sacramento.
Most Commented On
- Most of the families I know - May 19, 2013
- They love unicorns and Santa Claus too - May 19, 2013
- The difference is perspective... - May 19, 2013
- You're correct, but I sense - May 19, 2013
- Ignoranc - May 19, 2013
- Support for the Ban????? - May 19, 2013
- "you have black and hispanic - May 19, 2013
- Wrong. Renting will be the - May 19, 2013
- That's what makes it a beloved San Francisco event - May 19, 2013
- Two thirds of San Franciscans do not own their homes - May 19, 2013