By Tim Redmond
I've never been a big fan of legislative term limits. Sending legislators packing after a few years shifts to much power to the lobbyists and the executive branch. So I'm glad to see that labor is pushing to modify San Francisco's term-limits law. Bevan Dufty, who says he is only going to serve two terms anyway, is taking the political heat and leading the charge on this; good for him.
Who do you suppose is leading the campaign to keep the current two-term limits? It's Wade Randlett and the folks at SFSOS! No surprise: They desperately want to get rid of sups. Aaron Peskin, Chris Daly and Jake McGoldrick, and since they can't seem to do it the old-fashioned way, by winning elections, they want to make sure the progressives are termed out.
That puts them right up there with the Republicans in Sacramento.
Most Commented On
- The United Kingdom was no - March 10, 2014
- ADA requires coverage for disabled people - March 10, 2014
- What was Sofia Liu's choice? - March 10, 2014
- As a consumer, I am comfortable with the idea that I can get a - March 10, 2014
- Sounds like another example of the government externalizing the - March 10, 2014
- Professional Drivers Require Insurance - March 10, 2014
- Anyone driving professionally should have insurance but that - March 10, 2014
- Uber is bad for San Francisco - March 10, 2014
- If crime moves away that is almost as good as crime going away. - March 10, 2014
- Streetsblog views holding - March 10, 2014