By Tim Redmond
I've never been a big fan of legislative term limits. Sending legislators packing after a few years shifts to much power to the lobbyists and the executive branch. So I'm glad to see that labor is pushing to modify San Francisco's term-limits law. Bevan Dufty, who says he is only going to serve two terms anyway, is taking the political heat and leading the charge on this; good for him.
Who do you suppose is leading the campaign to keep the current two-term limits? It's Wade Randlett and the folks at SFSOS! No surprise: They desperately want to get rid of sups. Aaron Peskin, Chris Daly and Jake McGoldrick, and since they can't seem to do it the old-fashioned way, by winning elections, they want to make sure the progressives are termed out.
That puts them right up there with the Republicans in Sacramento.
Most Commented On
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014
- That Is Sociopath Guest Steven - March 8, 2014
- Go Read Your History Book - March 8, 2014
- Have you ever considered - March 8, 2014
- Making real-time surveillance - March 8, 2014
- Oh, the irony! - March 8, 2014
- I am the World's Smartest Leader and I am running for Mayor too - March 8, 2014
- Craft empire | SF Bay Guardian - March 8, 2014