By Tim Redmond
I've never been a big fan of legislative term limits. Sending legislators packing after a few years shifts to much power to the lobbyists and the executive branch. So I'm glad to see that labor is pushing to modify San Francisco's term-limits law. Bevan Dufty, who says he is only going to serve two terms anyway, is taking the political heat and leading the charge on this; good for him.
Who do you suppose is leading the campaign to keep the current two-term limits? It's Wade Randlett and the folks at SFSOS! No surprise: They desperately want to get rid of sups. Aaron Peskin, Chris Daly and Jake McGoldrick, and since they can't seem to do it the old-fashioned way, by winning elections, they want to make sure the progressives are termed out.
That puts them right up there with the Republicans in Sacramento.
Most Commented On
- Steven, when the cost per ride is wildly higher than much bigger - July 24, 2014
- You always make that remark when you have no response. - July 24, 2014
- No, Yo, there is no significant difference between the two - July 24, 2014
- Not overfunded - July 24, 2014
- lol - July 24, 2014
- Guest, I see where you are heading, and... - July 24, 2014
- Of course he does - July 24, 2014
- Same with the SF Green Party - ovewhelmingly white - July 24, 2014
- Yeah, but if you have really good tech skills why would you ever - July 24, 2014
- Why didn't the author give a breakdown by eye color or - July 24, 2014