By Tim Redmond
I've never been a big fan of legislative term limits. Sending legislators packing after a few years shifts to much power to the lobbyists and the executive branch. So I'm glad to see that labor is pushing to modify San Francisco's term-limits law. Bevan Dufty, who says he is only going to serve two terms anyway, is taking the political heat and leading the charge on this; good for him.
Who do you suppose is leading the campaign to keep the current two-term limits? It's Wade Randlett and the folks at SFSOS! No surprise: They desperately want to get rid of sups. Aaron Peskin, Chris Daly and Jake McGoldrick, and since they can't seem to do it the old-fashioned way, by winning elections, they want to make sure the progressives are termed out.
That puts them right up there with the Republicans in Sacramento.
Most Commented On
- Peter. I never said it was the fault of a homeless person that - December 11, 2013
- You keep spouting the same - December 11, 2013
- Alt-folk singer Michelle Shocked goes on homophobic rant, Yoshi' - December 11, 2013
- This guy has the influence - December 11, 2013
- Only Part Of The Story - December 11, 2013
- Yes, I also think those comments were perfectly understandable. - December 11, 2013
- Why would anyone oppose new homes for San Franciscans? - December 11, 2013
- This man spoke the truth as - December 11, 2013
- I am far more concerned about the anger expressed at someone - December 11, 2013
- Will you also oppose the 10 story luxury - December 11, 2013