By Tim Redmond
Or so says the person who took it.
Remember: I was given a print of the photo of Newsom in a pink kimono with alleged stalker Han Shin from someone who says he got if directly from Shin. I had no idea who took it. But the photographer just came forward and called me. I can't use his name, but here's the story he tells (and it rings true).
The photo was taken at Sup. Bevan Dufty's campaign kickoff. Newsom was there, wearing a Dufty t-shirt over his dress shirt. Han Shin showed up and presented Dufty with the kimono. Dufty tried it on, then Shin took it over to Newsom and draped it over the mayor's shoulders. Then Shin handed his little camera to a person on the scene -- the one who just called me -- and that person snapped the pic.
It wasn't a high-quality camera and there were lots of sources of light on the scene, which explans the weird shadow patterns.
For the record, the person who called me has a history in local politics and no reason to make this up.
Most Commented On
- Referring to the police as "pigs" instantly devalues your - March 16, 2014
- No, Greg, it was a fair question - March 16, 2014
- It's a dilemma for Greg because he hates Asians and loves losers - March 16, 2014
- LOL, Greg trying to defend Asians and chinamen when we all know - March 16, 2014
- NAaXjHtwzrpfIngIoD - March 16, 2014
- Amazon increases Prime’s cost as it turns focus to profit - March 16, 2014
- "The Clean up the Plaza folks - March 16, 2014
- Absolute Garbage. But I - March 16, 2014
- It's so funny when - March 16, 2014
- Did you watch the video provided? - March 16, 2014