By Tim Redmond
The letters go out today assigning kids to SF public schools, and often there is wailing and gnashing of teeth when parents don't get their very first choice. I agree, the system isn't perfect, but my advice, as someone who went through it and though he'd been utterly screwed, is: relax. There are a lot of good schools in SF; you don't have to be in Rooftop or Clarendon.
We visited all the supposedly top schools, applied for seven of them, and got none of our choices. Then on the second round, we discovered McKinley -- and we couldn't be happier.
So don't freak if you don't get Clarendon. I complain about the administration all the time (well, not so much now that Arlene Ackerman is gone), but the truth is, the district has come a long way, is improving, and there are lots of great places to send your kid.
So don't panic.
Most Commented On
- Fatshion - December 10, 2013
- Wholesale Cheap Sexy Lingerie - December 10, 2013
- Thank you for being so honest - December 10, 2013
- Corsets China Manufacturers - December 10, 2013
- You're a "Jack Kemp - December 10, 2013
- Several times the potential - December 10, 2013
- Pass immigration reform now!! - December 10, 2013
- Miniscule reparations more than - December 10, 2013
- great idea - December 10, 2013
- I'm looking forward to even - December 10, 2013