By Sarah Phelan
Earlier today, I got a call from San Francisco Chronicle reporter Rob Selna alerting me that Lennar’s Kofi Bonner has submitted a letter to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors and the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency, alleging that recent stories in the Chronicle and the Bay Guardian concerning Lennar, “contain a number of errors, inaccuracies and misinformation.”
That’s funny, because the Bay Guardian hasn’t received any communications from Lennar or Bonner concerning our coverage of Lennar's failures to monitor and control asbestos dust at the Hunters Point Shipyard, which we documented in our cover story, last week. Nor have we received letters regarding SFBG's coverage of the lawsuit that three Lennar employees have brought against the mega developer.
In that suit, the trio allege that Lennar retaliated against them for questioning construction dust, imposed a code of silence and targeted them and other African Americans in the workplace with racial discrimination and harassment.
As author of both pieces in the Bay Guardian, I challenge Bonner to “delve” into my alleged errors, inaccuracies and misinformation, and explain exactly he is referring to, or write a retraction.
Meanwhile, members of the BVHP community are holding a press conference today at 5pm at Alex Pitcher Community Room, Southeast Community College, 1800 Oakdale Avenue. Stay tuned…
Most Commented On
- nWyijzaEtlLnuDftBw - April 19, 2014
- MvCaVFRfgT - April 19, 2014
- xPzetzErRxpNqIESLTWR - April 19, 2014
- We as in who the hell u think - April 19, 2014
- AQjLnOEVQUWTz - April 19, 2014
- N who r u Really?? - April 19, 2014
- What political BS who gives a - April 19, 2014
- JsexxdSzFSWzaupZ - April 19, 2014
- LfuYPsNiHgfUN - April 19, 2014
- XjQKvgZcEqhKG - April 19, 2014