by Amanda Witherell
Did poo get washed into the bay or not? Mark Leno and Fiona Ma really want to know. They've written another letter to the National Park Service's Superintendent, Brian O'Neill, calling for an independent investigation, and essentially telling him his excuses and explanations hold no water.
Back in January, the two California State assembly members asked O'Neill to look into allegations that a sewage holding tank on Alcatraz Island overflowed and was hosed into the bay rather than wiped up properly.
O'Neill wrote back that an internal investigation had been done and all claims were false -- except according to our elected officials, his evidence doesn't support his claims. In addition, one of the whistleblowers who saw the spill, a National Parks Conservancy employer named Dan Cooke, has been fired, apparently for speaking up.
Most Commented On
- What a joke! - March 13, 2014
- "“Would it be too - March 13, 2014
- And yet Lee is popular with the voters and clean power is not. - March 13, 2014
- You are spreading more lies and misinformation than Steven there - March 13, 2014
- Yes, a good analysis of Steven's perverse motives. - March 13, 2014
- I think that we will see it - March 13, 2014
- The issue in NYC is murky - March 13, 2014
- ssyDouBXTnpcjRyIXpJW - March 13, 2014
- The City needs to know the - March 13, 2014
- Usually not all the plastic - March 13, 2014