by Amanda Witherell
Looks like Senator Dianne Feinstein has stepped down from her seat on the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee, where she's spent the last six years as chairperson and ranking member.
While serving on that committee, which is tasked with reviewing and supervising federal military contracts, her hubby Richard Blum was making millions of dollars on the same deals his wife was overseeing.
No statement or press release yet from Feinstein on why she quit, and the right-wing bloggers are going nutty for an investigation, perhaps to vindicate their champ, Dick Cheney, who made a pretty penny with Halliburton. What can we say: greed is a universal human ailment and war profiteering is certainly a non-partisan sport.
Most Commented On
- It's the way you do it - March 8, 2014
- Your entitlement - March 8, 2014
- Oakland's doing pretty well thank you very much - March 8, 2014
- It's not like if there has been no war then we would have HSR in - March 8, 2014
- "Knock off all that jibber jabber" - March 8, 2014
- Perfect, marcos. I do not like the new "3 foot" rule so I will - March 8, 2014
- Who? - March 8, 2014
- That "withholding" is not law - just an opinion given by the - March 8, 2014
- Then it was despite being associated with Occupy, not because - March 8, 2014
- Your "values" are exactly what has destroyed Oakland - March 8, 2014