By Tim Redmond
Sad news. For months now, all of us in the neighborhood have enjoyed watching a pair of Great Horned owls, who had made their home in a tree on Bernal Hill. They were a reminder that amazing bits of nature can appear in this crowded city; we all hoped they were a nesting pair, and that we'd see owlets this summer.
But alas, one of the owls was found dead last week. Nobody knows why; they seemed to be quite happy eating mice, voles and snakes on the hill. I hope it wasn't some sort of pesticide poisoning, which would be a different kind of reminder indeed.
Most Commented On
- Why is there all this denial - December 18, 2013
- 24-593 Federation Drive, San Francisco, CA - December 18, 2013
- Web Development & Design Company - December 18, 2013
- NEWSGAADI - December 18, 2013
- Yes, and their comments are - December 18, 2013
- story of the year - December 18, 2013
- Wholesale Leggings China - December 18, 2013
- One of the major negative - December 18, 2013
- Where did he say that "all - December 18, 2013
- You have this intense - December 18, 2013