By Sarah Phelan
Mayor Gavin Newsom and Sup. Bevan Dufty are apparently speaking again, or at least speaking together to other people. We say this because they just issued a press release saying that they've "asked the Port Director to explore the feasibility of having a no-alcohol entertainment event at Piers 30-32 for Wednesday, October 31, 2007." All of which is City goobledegook, which, roughly translated, means, 'We want to hold Halloween on the waterfront, but no, you won't be able to have a stiff drink to take the chilly edge off. '
Dang! It's enough to make a partier want to head inland and hit up a bar in the warm and fuzzy Castro, instead.
Yeah, we know, it's too early in the process to rain on anyone's Halloween Parade, and maybe the pier will be fabulous and we can all dress up as Pirates and have friends dressed as the Parrots of Telegraph Hill clinging on our shoulders, yelling "Pretty Polly!" and "Walk the Plank!", (along with unprintable expletives about how cold they are.) And there's enough ghosts along the waterfront--sunken ships, dead fishing industries, and the souls of the workers who died building the Bay Bridge--to spook out the whole darn City. Hey, wonder what costume the Gavsta will be wearing this year?
Most Commented On
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014
- S.F. TAXPAYERS are on the hook - March 10, 2014
- Uber never said they were - March 10, 2014
- You lose. - March 10, 2014
- Progressives have historically been opposed to monopolies. - March 10, 2014
- i will never stop thanking Dr aluda for what he has done for me - March 10, 2014
- People don't seem to - March 10, 2014
- They're not breaking the law - March 10, 2014
- jQRdFiFifuIslmZofpa - March 10, 2014
- I did not claim you "supported" the ADA - March 10, 2014