By Sarah Phelan
Mayor Gavin Newsom and Sup. Bevan Dufty are apparently speaking again, or at least speaking together to other people. We say this because they just issued a press release saying that they've "asked the Port Director to explore the feasibility of having a no-alcohol entertainment event at Piers 30-32 for Wednesday, October 31, 2007." All of which is City goobledegook, which, roughly translated, means, 'We want to hold Halloween on the waterfront, but no, you won't be able to have a stiff drink to take the chilly edge off. '
Dang! It's enough to make a partier want to head inland and hit up a bar in the warm and fuzzy Castro, instead.
Yeah, we know, it's too early in the process to rain on anyone's Halloween Parade, and maybe the pier will be fabulous and we can all dress up as Pirates and have friends dressed as the Parrots of Telegraph Hill clinging on our shoulders, yelling "Pretty Polly!" and "Walk the Plank!", (along with unprintable expletives about how cold they are.) And there's enough ghosts along the waterfront--sunken ships, dead fishing industries, and the souls of the workers who died building the Bay Bridge--to spook out the whole darn City. Hey, wonder what costume the Gavsta will be wearing this year?
Most Commented On
- How would you know that? Can - April 16, 2014
- Privatize it and it - April 16, 2014
- The city must not see parking - April 16, 2014
- I agree with you, I pay rent - April 16, 2014
- Good cop/bad cop - April 16, 2014
- Cynthia never asked me about my views - April 16, 2014
- Muni is not "in the hole" because we do not throw enough - April 16, 2014
- Why is it even a comparison: - April 16, 2014
- Exactly, SFBG, SEIU, the non-profits and the other leftist - April 16, 2014
- Greg has a number of handles and sock puppets that he uses - April 16, 2014