(chart from dailykos.com)
By Tim Redmond
With Clint Reilly's case against the Bay Area's newspaper barons heading for a trial that will start April 30, it's interesting to note that there's actually a bill in Congress to limit media ownership.
I suspect this isn't going anywhere soon -- the nation's political leaders are notorious for their refusal to take on the monopolists -- but it's on the agenda and won't go away.
Most Commented On
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 30, 2014
- Projections - July 30, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 30, 2014
- Someone please film his gay sex escapades! - July 30, 2014
- SFGH Emergency Department - July 30, 2014
- Exactly, marcos, there is no reason for lower-paid people to - July 30, 2014
- Wrong, marcos, a new influx of 400,000 workers a day into SF - July 30, 2014
- And who gets to decide the appropriate "mix"? You? - July 30, 2014
- Starving the city of funds is the only way to correct their - July 30, 2014
- That's because, to a progressive, having more revenues is - July 30, 2014