By Tim Redmond
Barack Obama is scheduled to speak shortly after 2 pm, but first we have to pass a rather large and loud choir that is performing in the convention lobby. I catch the posters in front, talking about the unlimited potential of nuclear energy and the tagling at the bottom: larouchepac.com.
Yes, it's the followers of Lyndon LaRouche, one of the great oddballs of American politics -- and they are singing. "What do you think?" one of them asks me. "I think Lyndon LaRouche is a nut," I answer, honestly. The young man is deeply offended: "How can he be a nut when he's mastered the technique of the human voice"?
"Yeah," says another one. "We have used scientific principles to create a beautiful choir."
(Photo by Dave Rolland)
He's still a nut.
Most Commented On
- mrZCimeLROuMX - July 26, 2014
- Track record - July 26, 2014
- IXmOYHVCjoQGYm - July 26, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 26, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 26, 2014
- Toxic Turf. - July 26, 2014
- ZpoyYPMxgxyVWaj - July 26, 2014
- FXbMIGeEyTf - July 26, 2014
- A green San Francisco? - July 26, 2014
- we covered that this week - July 26, 2014