By Tim Redmond
Barack Obama is scheduled to speak shortly after 2 pm, but first we have to pass a rather large and loud choir that is performing in the convention lobby. I catch the posters in front, talking about the unlimited potential of nuclear energy and the tagling at the bottom: larouchepac.com.
Yes, it's the followers of Lyndon LaRouche, one of the great oddballs of American politics -- and they are singing. "What do you think?" one of them asks me. "I think Lyndon LaRouche is a nut," I answer, honestly. The young man is deeply offended: "How can he be a nut when he's mastered the technique of the human voice"?
"Yeah," says another one. "We have used scientific principles to create a beautiful choir."
(Photo by Dave Rolland)
He's still a nut.
Most Commented On
- check and mate! - April 16, 2014
- Famous last words. Let's see - April 16, 2014
- Steven reminds me of Bat Kid sometimes. - April 16, 2014
- they can try - April 16, 2014
- i never belive until i saw it will my eyes that dr aluda is real - April 16, 2014
- Eric are you planning on banning the burning of wood - April 16, 2014
- So any landlord who might have Ellised next year or the year - April 16, 2014
- Muni has an abysmal farebox recovery rate as it is - April 16, 2014
- "Planetary climate emergency!!!" - April 16, 2014
- Yeah, glad they made Muni - April 16, 2014