By Tim Redmond
I run into Bill Lockyer, the former state Attorney General (now treasurer) waiting his chance to get on stage. I explain to him that his successor, Jerry Brown, has formally closed any investigation in to the merger that gave Dean Singleton control over almost every daily newspaper in the Bay Area. "Any thoughts on that?" I ask.
"No. He's elected, and I've moved on."
Good to know your heart was in it, Bill.
Most Commented On
- GREAT THANKS TO DR OJUKWU - March 7, 2014
- Pawan eyeing 9 MP, 40 MLA seats! - March 7, 2014
- "Censorship" - March 7, 2014
- sound like you the one - March 7, 2014
- Mayor Shake we love you we - March 7, 2014
- Mayor Shake - March 7, 2014
- don't judge a book by the - March 7, 2014
- No. Expedia and the others don't pay TOT taxes. Here's proof. - March 6, 2014
- All I'm saying is - March 6, 2014
- Expedia etc. collect and pay TOT tax. - March 6, 2014