By Tim Redmond
The warm up for John Edwards is L.A. Rep. Maxine Waters -- and she utterly steals the show. "We cannot deal with our domestic agenda until we end this war in Iraq," she says to rousing cheers. She talks about "the most dastardly lie ever told to the American people by their president." She goes through an amazing litany of what's gone wrong in Iraq, then says:
"Democrats, your presidential candidates and elected officials must stop nuancing and playing it safe."
I'm voting Maxine for president.
Most Commented On
- You're obviously a - March 15, 2014
- I think Zuck lives in a part - March 15, 2014
- There was a fellow named - March 15, 2014
- What a bunch of reactionary douchebags - March 15, 2014
- There are too many damn Asian restaurants anyway - March 15, 2014
- I agree - it's a non-story - March 15, 2014
- 5K buys you a month of rent in the Mission these days - March 15, 2014
- Not seeing the scandal here... - March 15, 2014
- I can't stand the rest of - March 15, 2014
- Dear Dear, did you not learn - March 15, 2014