By Steven T. Jones
First came the crash, then the fire, then the melting of the 80/580 interchange onto 80/880, and then came the politicians -- including SF Mayor Gavin Newsom, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums -- showing up to look concerned. Or, in Gavin's case, to look sort of, well, strangely detached.
Photo by William Foster, Office of Governor Schwarzenegger
Meanwhile, all public transit is free today, BART is running more and longer trains than usual, and you can click here for the latest info, including detours and other commuter info.
Most Commented On
- true - December 19, 2013
- Funny, I don't remember - December 19, 2013
- "Guest", do you have a valid - December 19, 2013
- Absolutely nothing - December 19, 2013
- Go Read Your Bible - December 19, 2013
- Yeah, and a million guys are douchebags - December 19, 2013
- You want one way that San - December 19, 2013
- But the color tones in these pictures - December 19, 2013
- SF voters have decided on this - December 19, 2013
- We wouldn't lose the water at HH is the dam goes. - December 19, 2013