By Steven T. Jones
First came the crash, then the fire, then the melting of the 80/580 interchange onto 80/880, and then came the politicians -- including SF Mayor Gavin Newsom, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Oakland Mayor Ron Dellums -- showing up to look concerned. Or, in Gavin's case, to look sort of, well, strangely detached.
Photo by William Foster, Office of Governor Schwarzenegger
Meanwhile, all public transit is free today, BART is running more and longer trains than usual, and you can click here for the latest info, including detours and other commuter info.
Most Commented On
- Same old myth - July 11, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 11, 2014
- uber and lyft cars - July 11, 2014
- Would be happy to talk to you - July 11, 2014
- Yeah, that probably is Lilli - July 11, 2014
- LOL, so SFBG complains about soaring RE values and yet at the - July 11, 2014
- Probal, does your legal - July 11, 2014
- Hi, lilli! - July 11, 2014
- Blah lust - July 11, 2014
- No, Steven, and for two reasons - July 11, 2014