By Sarah Phelan
Somehow I assumed public transit would remain free for a week, after Sunday's meltdown. Silly me.
Never mind headlines about yesterday's commute, warning that "Monday was easy--but that won't last."
Today, we're back to paying for ferries, buses and BART--a move that will likely get commuters back into their car--and into traffic jams. Makes perfect (non) sense to me. Either way, I'm gonna keep on enjoying the brilliance of not driving, which feels a bit like this photo of traffic on the Bay Bridge, which is titled the "Traffic jam I wasn't in."
Most Commented On
- Yes, the Twitter tax deal is only criticized because people do - December 20, 2013
- True. At least if Greg moved to Venezuela, then he would have a - December 20, 2013
- We're all a lot better off than we were in the 1960's so - December 20, 2013
- If you don't like your job, get another one - December 20, 2013
- If Twitter had left SF, there would be even less money for - December 20, 2013
- I do not support special treatment for any class of worker - December 20, 2013
- 73% of voters disagree with you. - December 20, 2013
- As always, stereotypes are not helpful - December 20, 2013
- Except that Ed Lee never made a promise, Aunt Tom - December 20, 2013
- Should be easy for you to cite a refutation if there have been - December 20, 2013