By Tim Redmond
Theresa Sparks, a transgender activist who was honored as Woman of the Year by the state Assembly, called today to tell me she's going to run for president of the Police Commission, challenging former City Attorney Louise Renne, who currently holds the job and shows no signs of wanting to step down.
I suspect Sparks will get at least a couple of votes from the more progressive side of the panel, including David Campos and maybe Petra DeJesus. That would leave Joe Vernonese, who is about to announce he's running for state Senate, as the swing vote.
Should be a fascinating meeting May 9th.
Most Commented On
- I did a bit of research on - December 19, 2013
- Nonsense. BMR housing has limits on resale price. - December 18, 2013
- I believe I was called by that poll - December 18, 2013
- Thick. Dense. I'll draw you - December 18, 2013
- This is all just silly. - December 18, 2013
- Incorrect. I didn't vote for - December 18, 2013
- Zero accountability is the name of the game amongst - December 18, 2013
- You have eleven more to go then. - December 18, 2013
- I find you amusing :) Here's - December 18, 2013
- Here is the poll...enjoy denying it! - December 18, 2013