By Tim Redmond
The mayor's office is still mum on this, but we've heard today from several good sources that Mayor Gavin Newsom is planning to veto Sup. Chris Daly's $28 million affordable housing package.
This after the mayor made a big deal of saying he wants to spend money helping children and families.
The mayor, our sources say, has also indicated that if the board overrides his veto, he will simply refuse to spend the money.
None of this will go over well with the supervisors, particularly Daly, who chairs the Budget Committee and thus will be overseeing Newsom's budget.
Most Commented On
- Great Piece On Mayor Disappearing CleanPower From Climate Action - March 12, 2014
- AirBnb bring in a crazy - March 12, 2014
- FREE GAME CODES - March 12, 2014
- I think it is something like that - March 12, 2014
- The goal of eliminating ALL pedestrian deaths - March 12, 2014
- What I think this is... - March 12, 2014
- That's the point. Steven has - March 12, 2014
- I hate to tell you there's - March 12, 2014
- The fire started during the working day and so that alone makes - March 12, 2014
- Wait, please help, this one is too incoherent for me - March 12, 2014