By Tim Redmond
The mayor's office is still mum on this, but we've heard today from several good sources that Mayor Gavin Newsom is planning to veto Sup. Chris Daly's $28 million affordable housing package.
This after the mayor made a big deal of saying he wants to spend money helping children and families.
The mayor, our sources say, has also indicated that if the board overrides his veto, he will simply refuse to spend the money.
None of this will go over well with the supervisors, particularly Daly, who chairs the Budget Committee and thus will be overseeing Newsom's budget.
Most Commented On
- A speeding ticket - July 9, 2014
- groan, Steve and math - July 9, 2014
- Elbow's Craig Potter on iPads, tour fatigue, and hitting #1 - July 9, 2014
- Please don't say Bay Areans. - July 9, 2014
- PEOPLE WHO DRIVE CARS ARE - July 9, 2014
- BqqlXIMcvfAnw - July 9, 2014
- Yes, quit whining. Just - July 9, 2014
- cathy - July 9, 2014
- Matt H, which club is this? - July 9, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 9, 2014