By Tim Redmond
So much going on right now in the local political world -- and some of it so ephemeral.
Chris Daly's progressive convention is June 2, coming right up, and we still don't have a candidate for mayor. Matt Gonzalez gives an interview to BeyondChron and says he's not ruling out a run, but won't be making any announcement in time for the June 2 event. Will anyone? Or is this going to be a convention without a candidate?
The 08 supes races, on the other hand, are heating up and full of candidates. Cecilia Chung just announced she's running in district 11, creating the possibility for a fascinating bit of history: As Chung just told me, It will be 30 years next fall since the assissination of Harvey Milk, and his killer, Dan White, represented what is now D-11. Electing a transgender woman from that district would make big national news.
And in District Nine, Police Commission member David Campos is clearly running to replace Tom Ammiano, as is housing activist Eric Quezada, who will have a kick-off event at Galleria de la Raza June 1.
Most Commented On
- Yes, this looks like a taking on the face of it. - April 16, 2014
- It would take me 24 hours to file an eviction notice - April 16, 2014
- He actually came third out of - April 16, 2014
- check and mate! - April 16, 2014
- Famous last words. Let's see - April 16, 2014
- Steven reminds me of Bat Kid sometimes. - April 16, 2014
- they can try - April 16, 2014
- i never belive until i saw it will my eyes that dr aluda is real - April 16, 2014
- Eric are you planning on banning the burning of wood - April 16, 2014
- So any landlord who might have Ellised next year or the year - April 16, 2014