By Tim Redmond
Lots of talk about who the new SF Redevelopment Agency chief will be after Marcia Rosen announced (in terse terms) her resignation, which sounds awfully suspect. (Whenever you hear "resigned to pursue new opportunities" think: Canned for political reasons.)
One persistent rumor is that Mayor Newsom wants an African American to head Redevelopment, at a time when the agency is under fire in Bayview- Hunters Point. Some folks on the Wall suggest Sophie Maxwell, but please: Running an agency isn't her thing.
We shall see.
Most Commented On
- Treasure Island development plans moving forward after lawsuit - July 22, 2014
- Eviction imminent for San Francisco Community Recycler's Center - July 22, 2014
- Playing chicken - July 22, 2014
- Treading water - July 22, 2014
- My name is Garrett, I am from - July 22, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 22, 2014
- Supes to vote on Avalos' "Let's Elect Our Elected Officials" - July 22, 2014
- The problem is people who - July 22, 2014
- Lee family quietly leaves home as activists pledge to push - July 22, 2014
- The dish on knish - July 22, 2014