By Tim Redmond
Last night, KTVU devoted 14 minutes at the top of the hour to the death of Bill Walsh. The Mercury News did a special eight-page section on him.
Okay, the guy was brilliant. I've been watching him since the 1970s, when poor Greg Cook threw out his arm trying to run a Walsh offense as a Cincinatti Bengals rookie. Walsh was one of the best coaches in NFL history, built one of he best teams in NFL history, recruited and trained the best quarterback in NFL history ... but come on: he was a football coach.
There was other news this week, no?
Most Commented On
- It's apparently easier to tear people down, than to build up. - March 13, 2014
- Bad journalism - March 13, 2014
- Clarification - March 13, 2014
- Another nail in CCSF's coffin - March 13, 2014
- Yes, let's have a lobby group for not lobbying. - March 13, 2014
- Except that this is a new building and "removes" nobody - March 13, 2014
- Sounds like the students went way beyond a peaceful protest. - March 13, 2014
- Lobbying - March 13, 2014
- "Clean up" - March 13, 2014
- It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a group who want - March 13, 2014