by Amanda Witherell
This is sort of funny and sort of annoying, considering that when I contacted Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant to request a tour for a story I was working on about the future of nuclear power, I was denied admittance and told:
"All tour requests are screened against the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's post-9/11 requirement that U.S. nuclear plant licensees provide tours only when there is a clear business need. Upon review of your request, we have determined that it does not meet this screening requirement."
Which is total bullshit. The same week I made my request, a reporter at the OC Register got a tour of San Onofre.
That aside, this guy got a free ride in!
Most Commented On
- Coin the Correctly Choice When Buying Pro Hi Fi Speakers - July 13, 2014
- Bay's Guardian: The Troll - July 13, 2014
- What club are you referring - July 13, 2014
- Growth potential - July 13, 2014
- Starting pay for staff is - July 13, 2014
- Jazz hands!! - July 13, 2014
- SF may go through Marin County to bypass CleanPowerSF subversion - July 13, 2014
- Google Glass Explorer opens up on bar fight, privacy - July 13, 2014
- Divisadero's Mini Bar packs maximum impact - July 13, 2014
- Poll says SF loves tech buses, doesn't ask Spanish speakers - July 13, 2014