By Tim Redmond
Here's a classic Gavin Newsom idea: Since he can't get the supervisors to sign off on a baldly flawed wi-fi plan (which the prime contractor may be ready to abandon anyway), there's talk that the mayor will simply put his wi-fi plan on the ballot.
That way Earthlink and Google (if they still want to do this thing) can put up a bunch of money, and newsom can use it to claim he's trying to get something done (and he can bash the supes a bit in the process) and the rest of us will have to spend a bunch of time and money fighting to stop a dumb idea from getting voter approval.
Wi-fi and Community Choice Aggregation; it could be the all-privatization ballot.
Most Commented On
- YJAYVeBQQgiZnk - July 28, 2014
- Remember what started this - July 27, 2014
- Go back to your mother's basement, troll - July 27, 2014
- San Francisco needs more buses, less cars - July 27, 2014
- Left out - July 27, 2014
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014