By Tim Redmond
Here's a classic Gavin Newsom idea: Since he can't get the supervisors to sign off on a baldly flawed wi-fi plan (which the prime contractor may be ready to abandon anyway), there's talk that the mayor will simply put his wi-fi plan on the ballot.
That way Earthlink and Google (if they still want to do this thing) can put up a bunch of money, and newsom can use it to claim he's trying to get something done (and he can bash the supes a bit in the process) and the rest of us will have to spend a bunch of time and money fighting to stop a dumb idea from getting voter approval.
Wi-fi and Community Choice Aggregation; it could be the all-privatization ballot.
Most Commented On
- Lighten up progressives. - July 11, 2014
- patients have civil rights too - July 11, 2014
- So what? - July 11, 2014
- You know - July 11, 2014
- Uh - July 11, 2014
- Good - no new housing for anyone, ANYWHERE!! - July 11, 2014
- I was there and have this to say, - July 11, 2014
- pot legallitty exactly like prohibitions end.... - July 11, 2014
- Yes, those poor indigent firefighters. - July 11, 2014
- SF GATE - July 11, 2014