By Tim Redmond
So the mayor and Sup. Bevan Dufty have officially dropped the ball. They have decided to (more or less unilaterally) eliminate any sort of Castro Street celebration, but they have nothing to replace it with.
So what happens when a bunch of partiers still decided to go to the Castro and have fun? What if bar owners decide to defy Dufty and stay open that night? Will the cops come and round everyone up? Will they send in water trucks to hose down the celebration?
What do Dufty and Newsom think a few houndred thousand people are going to do on Halloween -- stay home? Not likely.
Most Commented On
- Great job here. I really - July 22, 2014
- Airbnb makes small admission on tax issue, saying its hosts - July 22, 2014
- The future of Piers 30-32 - July 22, 2014
- Awesome blog. I enjoyed - July 22, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 22, 2014
- Growth potential - July 22, 2014
- Natural selection - July 22, 2014
- Treading water - July 22, 2014
- Supes to vote on Avalos' "Let's Elect Our Elected Officials" - July 22, 2014
- Blurry portrait - July 22, 2014