By Tim Redmond
So the mayor and Sup. Bevan Dufty have officially dropped the ball. They have decided to (more or less unilaterally) eliminate any sort of Castro Street celebration, but they have nothing to replace it with.
So what happens when a bunch of partiers still decided to go to the Castro and have fun? What if bar owners decide to defy Dufty and stay open that night? Will the cops come and round everyone up? Will they send in water trucks to hose down the celebration?
What do Dufty and Newsom think a few houndred thousand people are going to do on Halloween -- stay home? Not likely.
Most Commented On
- GlMrULdoSMG - July 28, 2014
- No Wall on the Waterfront wins big, Chiu prevails in Assembly - July 28, 2014
- JAKaDNkQqxrfP - July 28, 2014
- what does Mexico do with illegals? - July 28, 2014
- Reading and language going down the gutter - July 28, 2014
- Yes, i have mostly being doing this for a few years now. - July 28, 2014
- Public radio is hopelessly liberal - July 28, 2014
- No way that CA law allows you to invade my home on the grounds - July 28, 2014
- One Lorde to rule them all: An evening at the Fox with one - July 28, 2014
- http://www.nwitimes.com/news/ - July 28, 2014