By Tim Redmond
Gavin Newsom does, indeed, have opponents this fall, but none of them are going to raise and spent a million bucks; in fact, none of them are going to make this enough of a race that Newsom will need to spend that kind of money. If he laid off his campaign staff today, never did a single rally, event or mailing and spent not a dime on his re-election he would win handily, probably with 60 percent of the vote.
So why does he need to run a $1.6 million campaign?
Answer: He doesn't. Why not demonstrate some civic goodwill, Mr. Mayor, and donate, say, $1 million of that to charity?
Most Commented On
- Being played like fiddles - March 14, 2014
- The influx of better off residents would increase the pressure - March 14, 2014
- I don't get it - March 14, 2014
- Still looks like a non issue to me - March 14, 2014
- Do you mean the 8Wash that you needed a billionaire on your side - March 14, 2014
- Seems to me the cops were just doing their job - March 14, 2014
- Greg, not every official needs to be appointed. - March 14, 2014
- New England - March 14, 2014
- CCSF certainly isn't "highly rated" by the people whose job it - March 14, 2014
- If you illegally occupy a building then you can reasonably - March 14, 2014