American Journalism Review decries Chronicle as vile cesspool of incomplete chores
Remember last year when Business Week, in a cover story about Digg.com, described our offices as "grungy," and several major arteries located in the neck of our boss, Bruce Bruggman, nearly exploded? They also hilariously misidentified us as the SF Weekly.
The lack of imagination in American journalism makes for strange bedfellows, it turns out. In their August/September issue, the American Journalism Review described the Chronicle's offices downtown off of Fifth and Mission streets the same way, actually using the word "grungy."
Christ, assholes, do we really come off as that unkempt? Phil Bronstein didn't make his bed this morning, and I forgot to shave down south. Perhaps the glossies could teach us all out here on the Left Coast a thing or two about obsessive compulsion.
Or, they can loosen their ties and get a life. Either way, if they saw how neatly organized my cubicle was, they'd find a better adjective. My filing system would give even Jann Wenner an erection.
Most Commented On
- ..."And so it goes"... - May 23, 2013
- Great stuff, Johnny. Keep up the good work. - May 23, 2013
- Car parts are very delegate - May 23, 2013
- "The people you describe" ... - May 23, 2013
- I already saw many blogs but - May 23, 2013
- "Manhattanization" is not what makes a town boring! - May 22, 2013
- SF Pride's board demonstrated - May 22, 2013
- Sad. You must be in a really - May 22, 2013
- Bridging the gap between homelessness and function-ability - May 22, 2013
- Means Testing would be fair, - May 22, 2013