My colleague Paula is, like me, an Obama Girl.
And like me, she was beginning to feel down after reading reports that McCain is narrowing Obama’s lead in the polls.
And then there are the columnists, who are attacking Obama for not being tough enough on Clinton, McCain, and everything.
Rather than letting the media spin get to me, I took another lunch time walk in the neighborhood, on the look out for more signs and portents.
This is what I found:
Obama has coast to coast support.
At least, until you get higher up Potrero Hill, where you begin to find the Kerry diehards.
And the Dennis Kucinich fans.
But the minute you start coming back down the hill, there are Obama stencils on the stone staircase railings.
In fact, now even the flies are for Obama.
And people who have bars over their windows support him.
As do people with blinds.
And fancy windows.
And fancy doors.
By the time I headed back to work, I was feeling a whole lot sunnier.
And back at the office, even the cube farm was showing its support. Just not for McCain.
In fact, according to this albeit highly informal walking poll, Obama is leading McCain by 7 signs to 0.
Most Commented On
- Nobody gives a crap about your Che fantasies, Greg. - March 16, 2014
- Calling yourself "Greg" is no different than calling yourself - March 16, 2014
- Greg, are you seriously denying that you accused the Ed Lee - March 16, 2014
- I didn't know there were 15 million Venezuelans - March 16, 2014
- Meanwhile trolls are immune from allegations of hypocrisy - March 16, 2014
- Vile slander. I said no such thing. - March 16, 2014
- That is such a biased assessment that it has no credibility - March 16, 2014
- And yet, the national police force - March 16, 2014
- If marcos is stupid enough to use his real name here then - March 16, 2014
- Greg, you claimed a "Chinest conspiracy" during the last - March 16, 2014