Barack Obama in Oakland on St. Patrick's Day, March 17, 2007.
Photo By Khalil Abusaba.
Text by Sarah Phelan
I've been a huge fan of Barack Obama since I heard him speak In Oakland in March 2007.
Since then I have hoped and believed that he would become the next President of the United States.
So, I was pretty happy to receive this "How this happened" text message from Obama at 8:34 PM last night:
I'm about to head to Grant Park to talk to everyone gathered there, but I wanted to write to you first.
We just made history.
And I don't want you to forget how we did it.
You made history every single day during this campaign -- every day you knocked on doors, made a donation, or talked to your family, friends, and neighbors about why you believe it's time for change.
I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent, and passion to this campaign.
We have a lot of work to do to get our country back on track, and I'll be in touch soon about what comes next.
But I want to be very clear about one thing...
All of this happened because of you.
So, here's hoping we keep up the momentum and help Obama seize the chance to change things for the better.
Most Commented On
- You know - July 11, 2014
- How Twitter's creation myth was hatched in San Francisco - July 11, 2014
- Uh - July 11, 2014
- Good - no new housing for anyone, ANYWHERE!! - July 11, 2014
- I was there and have this to say, - July 11, 2014
- pot legallitty exactly like prohibitions end.... - July 11, 2014
- Yes, those poor indigent firefighters. - July 11, 2014
- SF GATE - July 11, 2014
- "(B)oth expensive parking on - July 11, 2014
- Progressives love dragging Milk's corpse out - July 11, 2014