by Amanda Witherell
Are you in search of good food? Are you on your bike when you’re looking for it? Do you want to join a bunch of other people on bikes chasing down good food? Food justice activist Antonio Roman-Alcala will be leading a bike tour this Sunday, Nov. 9, that sounds like part food education, part snacking, and a limited amount of pedal power (through the Mission and southeast parts of the city, which are blessedly flat.) The four-hour tour will feature guest speakers from Mission Pie, the Free Farm Stand, Veritable Vegetable, People’s Food System warehouse, and Community Alliance with Family Farms.
Space is limited to 40, with proceeds benefiting the "In Search of Good Food" movie project, a very cute pilot of which is posted above and features an inquiry into the origins of the vegetables in tacos served by El Toyanese truck on Harrison Street. A must, must see.
Meet up is at 16th and Mission BART station, 11 am on Sunday. Get your tickets here.
Most Commented On
- You're in point of fact a - July 11, 2014
- Treasure Island is about to be stolen from San Franciscans - July 11, 2014
- Same old myth - July 11, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 11, 2014
- uber and lyft cars - July 11, 2014
- Would be happy to talk to you - July 11, 2014
- Yeah, that probably is Lilli - July 11, 2014
- LOL, so SFBG complains about soaring RE values and yet at the - July 11, 2014
- Probal, does your legal - July 11, 2014
- Hi, lilli! - July 11, 2014