By Tim Redmond
That's the headline we'd be reading if one of the Navy stunt pilots had the same misfortune as the FA/18 pilot just did in San Diego.
We don't know yet if it was pilot error or an equipment failure, but we know this: Same airplane. Coulda happened here. The only difference is that the Marines probably need to fly training missions in and out of that base (although they could conceivably move to a less-populated area). The Blue Angels don't need to fly over San Francisco.
Something to think about for next year's Fleet Week program. If the supervisors decided not to invite the Navy precision flying team, they wouldn't come.
Most Commented On
- Steve has never lost his "sex, drugs and rock'n'roll" alter ego - March 14, 2014
- Exactly, Guest - March 14, 2014
- Of course, SFBG won't stop whining - March 14, 2014
- disgusting. Why do I want to - March 14, 2014
- The comparison between the fringe right and left - March 14, 2014
- I can tell that SFBG doesn't - March 14, 2014
- Greg's hatred for cops blinds him to any facts that do not - March 14, 2014
- Just saying that the homeless cause less problems in some - March 14, 2014
- Did we elect Davis to solve social problems? - March 14, 2014
- The DA was Elected to Office After Appointment - March 14, 2014