The Guardian continues to follow the condition of local dancer and activist Hollis Hawthorne, who was in a serious motorcycle accident in India and is in a coma.
By Molly Freedenberg
More news from the front lines!
First off, the interwebs are all atwitter about how much Hollis is improving. According to www.helpholligethome.blogspot.com", Hollis opened an eye for the first time today. And according to the doctor quoted in a story in the Indian paper, The Hindu (which is published by a friend of Guardian publisher Bruce Brugmann), she may even be back to her normal self (which, lucky for all of us, is not “normal” at all) within the next six months.
The other good news? We have an amazing fundraiser planned for next Thursday. Thanks to generous help from Extra Action Marching Band, Slim’s, Robert Levy of 12 Galaxies, Will Chase, and a whole slew of fantastic, fun-loving people, we’ve organized (in under a week!) the following for March 12...
Gold Rush: A Benefit for Hollis Hawthorne
Featuring THE EXTRA ACTION MARCHING BAND
The Derailleurs, Cheese Puffs, and more TBA
Art Auction curated by Will Chase
Enter the raffle to win 2 tix to Burning Man!
Thursday March 12
Doors at 7:30
Show at 8pm
333 11th St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
And that’s not all! Donations have reached $65,000 as of today, up more than $20,000 from just 24 hours ago. Recession? What recession? We’re bringin’ Hollis home!
For more info or to make donations, check out www.friendsofhollisblogspot.com.
Hollis modeling Field Day Wearables in a recent fashion show. The designer is dedicating all March sales from her etsy site to Hollis’ medical bills.
Most Commented On
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 31, 2014
- iKGCzHQZopfY - July 31, 2014
- Not selective ENFORCEMENT ???? What about Airbnb? - July 31, 2014
- http://newamericamedia.org/20 - July 31, 2014
- Which is why the voters will - July 31, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 31, 2014
- Work order payments are appropriate - July 31, 2014
- marcos, please furnish your evidence for the proposition that - July 31, 2014
- Paradoxically, notwithstanding Emma's saccharine nostalgia about - July 31, 2014
- Wiener had to have support - July 31, 2014