By Tim Redmond
Joshua Sabatini at the Ex has been following the strange saga of Mayor Gavin Newsom's attempt to fire Stefani Coyote, who's been the head of the Film Commission for five years. And it's very strange.
A month ago, Matier and Ross broke the story that Coyote had been asked to resign. But apparently there's no resignation letter -- because she never actually quit.
And Newsom doesn't have the legal authority to fire the commission director; only the members of the commission can do that.
So the panel met Dec. 28 -- and instead of going along with the mayor's wishes, the commissioners rejected the demand and asked Newsom to meet with them to discuss it.
And guess what? The mayor still thinks he's firing her. And Chris Daly wants an investigation.
Wonder how this one will turn out.
Most Commented On
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 25, 2014
- defining political terms - July 25, 2014
- liberal vs conservative - July 25, 2014
- Families need healthy fields, not fake grass and used tires. - July 25, 2014
- Bizzzzzzz.... - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014
- PY, you're up early today! - July 25, 2014
- soccercomplex - July 25, 2014
- Say what? Maybe you should be - July 25, 2014