By Steven T. Jones
Historian and social justice advocate Howard Zinn – whose work inspired me and countless others to look at history and the world from the people’s perspective, rather than that of the conquerors and power-brokers – has died.
Zinn’s People History of the United States was performed at Mission High School last year, and my preview of that prompted criticism on his scholarship. But he is truly one of the great progressive thinkers of the 20th Century, someone who took courageous actions on behalf of his ideals, and he’ll truly be missed.
Most Commented On
- VOTE NO on all the phony money heists! - March 17, 2014
- Incorrect On All Three Points - March 17, 2014
- So in other words you have no - March 17, 2014
- Alcohol helps everyone get laid, and the species to propagate. - March 17, 2014
- It's easy to see why you need - March 17, 2014
- Exactly. - March 17, 2014
- I've seen words like "sharks", "hogs", "snakes", "vultures" and - March 17, 2014
- Enough animosity to have a commonly accepted - March 17, 2014
- exactly - March 17, 2014
- True, and in fact the word "progressive" itself us devoid of any - March 17, 2014