By Tim Redmond
Before Gavin Newsom is willing to consider extending parking meter hours to make drivers pay their fair share?
The budget picture is increasingly bleak, and Muni's talking about some very unpleasant cuts that may wind up to be ineffective; if buses are slower, dirtier and cost more, then fewer people will ride, and Muni will collect less fare money.
So how bad does it have to get? Does the system have to reach total collapse before Newsom is willing to take a little political risk and raise some money from people who drive downtown and park their cars?
Most Commented On
- Tour of duty - July 13, 2014
- Bright future - July 13, 2014
- Visitors and Foreigners bring their fascist mentality with them - July 13, 2014
- Most voters are happy with - July 13, 2014
- The $2 billion challenge to the .01% - July 13, 2014
- beware tenants bearing votes - July 13, 2014
- Peter Hook of Joy Division and New Order altered the course of - July 13, 2014
- Protester barfs on windshield of Yahoo bus — Viva La Vomit! - July 13, 2014
- Endorsements 2013 - July 13, 2014
- BART on strike - July 12, 2014