By Nima Maghame
As supporters and opponents of same-sex marriage await closing arguments and a verdict in the federal lawsuit challenging Prop. 8’s legality, California State Senator Mark Leno has introduced a new bill that protects clergy who don’t want to perform marriage ceremonies that conflict with their beliefs.
“We so often heard from members of clergy that if Prop. 8 doesn't pass, they had concern that they would be forced to marry against their beliefs and scared they would lose their tax-exemption,” Leno told the Guardian. So he’s decided to promote a bill that would remove that argument from the anti-gay marriage arsenal.
- Uber sued for denying drivers tips - August 21, 2014
- Very informative post! There - August 21, 2014
- SFUSD sticker shock: new art school to cost $240 million - August 21, 2014
- great spell caster that bring back my ex husband - August 21, 2014
- DzyZhnZdhXjTwFXyoD - August 21, 2014
- GHXrYngWdK - August 20, 2014
- THPyBgsRSP - August 20, 2014
- YRgXEsMsPcBjNVto - August 20, 2014
- WashfIbaGQoQ - August 20, 2014
- ZJdUDSApSkLQ - August 20, 2014