By Nima Maghame
As supporters and opponents of same-sex marriage await closing arguments and a verdict in the federal lawsuit challenging Prop. 8’s legality, California State Senator Mark Leno has introduced a new bill that protects clergy who don’t want to perform marriage ceremonies that conflict with their beliefs.
“We so often heard from members of clergy that if Prop. 8 doesn't pass, they had concern that they would be forced to marry against their beliefs and scared they would lose their tax-exemption,” Leno told the Guardian. So he’s decided to promote a bill that would remove that argument from the anti-gay marriage arsenal.
Most Commented On
- EAMjwWqMVPhVoMAQFodp - April 19, 2014
- You are pathetic. - April 19, 2014
- FANXBTeIXmQZfb - April 19, 2014
- BUxfuvBNBrI - April 19, 2014
- PxAwtdNhVQUuC - April 19, 2014
- BEST SPELL CASTER - April 19, 2014
- SslXFVIyKh - April 19, 2014
- ibarymEihNpmdvaaLwJ - April 19, 2014
- oNOuRHOcpLD - April 19, 2014
- uJyzhilCSjJSrxzU - April 19, 2014