Text by Sarah Phelan
The San Francisco Elections Department is reporting that the petition to recall Sup. Sophie Maxwell has failed.
"The Department of Elections verified the validity of a randomly selected sample of 500 signatures from the 8,008 signatures submitted," a Dept. of Elections press release stated. "This statistical sampling shows the petition to have a valid total of 3,026 signatures. This total is less than the 7,529 required for this petition to qualify for the election."
The press release also noted that the statistical sampling showed that 40.91 percent of the signatures on the petition are valid.
That's a fair bit of disgruntlement--a factor that should have everyone in the D. 10 race paying close attention.
Most Commented On
- Fast bills - April 19, 2014
- oOmHLcSCPSbnNiFq - April 19, 2014
- cEBpuLEIoWvA - April 19, 2014
- Guardian honored for investigation of buying influence at City - April 19, 2014
- BEST SPELL CASTER - April 19, 2014
- A radical proposal: Squat Airbnb hosts' homes to create - April 19, 2014
- drabiza helped me - April 19, 2014
- tqofVkihgbk - April 19, 2014
- Wiener’s resolution to study waterfront initiative written by - April 19, 2014
- A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME WITH MY FAMILY ISSUES - April 19, 2014