Text by Sarah Phelan
The San Francisco Elections Department is reporting that the petition to recall Sup. Sophie Maxwell has failed.
"The Department of Elections verified the validity of a randomly selected sample of 500 signatures from the 8,008 signatures submitted," a Dept. of Elections press release stated. "This statistical sampling shows the petition to have a valid total of 3,026 signatures. This total is less than the 7,529 required for this petition to qualify for the election."
The press release also noted that the statistical sampling showed that 40.91 percent of the signatures on the petition are valid.
That's a fair bit of disgruntlement--a factor that should have everyone in the D. 10 race paying close attention.
Most Commented On
- Ben Who? - May 25, 2013
- The last time a Rethug got 51.1% was - May 25, 2013
- Glad you loved Nixon, - May 25, 2013
- Multiple Posting Anti-Semitism Guest is at it again. - May 25, 2013
- Johnny a breath of fresh air after Tim, etc. - May 25, 2013
- Actually, deciding who gets - May 25, 2013
- Convict Bradley Manning - all counts. - May 25, 2013
- "Republicans are assholes" - May 25, 2013
- The reactionary nutbags... where do they get this "stand down" - May 25, 2013
- Demented and confused, you are such an ignorant sot that - May 25, 2013