Text by Sarah Phelan
The San Francisco Elections Department is reporting that the petition to recall Sup. Sophie Maxwell has failed.
"The Department of Elections verified the validity of a randomly selected sample of 500 signatures from the 8,008 signatures submitted," a Dept. of Elections press release stated. "This statistical sampling shows the petition to have a valid total of 3,026 signatures. This total is less than the 7,529 required for this petition to qualify for the election."
The press release also noted that the statistical sampling showed that 40.91 percent of the signatures on the petition are valid.
That's a fair bit of disgruntlement--a factor that should have everyone in the D. 10 race paying close attention.
Most Commented On
- It's all about Me. Me. Me. - December 12, 2013
- His point was that many commutes are in and out of SF and - December 12, 2013
- Yeah, I stroll along the Panhandle a lot and there is a massive - December 12, 2013
- Where in all that does it show cyclists paying in more than - December 12, 2013
- Absolutely, while many (or - December 12, 2013
- I passed on judgment on fault. I merely noted that he was not an - December 12, 2013
- "As anyone who has traveled - December 12, 2013
- The survey was done in Sept. - December 12, 2013
- He Was From New Orleans - December 12, 2013
- substantiation - December 12, 2013