Text by Sarah Phelan
The San Francisco Elections Department is reporting that the petition to recall Sup. Sophie Maxwell has failed.
"The Department of Elections verified the validity of a randomly selected sample of 500 signatures from the 8,008 signatures submitted," a Dept. of Elections press release stated. "This statistical sampling shows the petition to have a valid total of 3,026 signatures. This total is less than the 7,529 required for this petition to qualify for the election."
The press release also noted that the statistical sampling showed that 40.91 percent of the signatures on the petition are valid.
That's a fair bit of disgruntlement--a factor that should have everyone in the D. 10 race paying close attention.
Most Commented On
- San Francisco needs more buses, less cars - July 27, 2014
- Left out - July 27, 2014
- JbqSETCBdCoSL - July 27, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 27, 2014
- And joysticks for all - July 27, 2014
- Marcos' Judaism is relevant only when it comes to - July 27, 2014
- hqQqnukbsN - July 27, 2014
- mvajoCbAui - July 27, 2014
- GJCvazIKygzr - July 27, 2014
- Extra! Extra! Sunshine advocates beat the Anti-Sunshine Gang in - July 27, 2014